Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Things I've realized since Brian has been gone

So this is week #6 of 16. Not only is Brian gone but it's baseball season for both Carissa and Tristan and I've also added a new job to the mix. Here's what I've realized in the last 6 weeks:

  • It is harder than I thought it would be.
  • 15 minutes of uninterrupted time is heavenly.
  • Maybe I shouldn't volunteer so much.
  • I can watch girly movies and "The Bachelor" without grumbling.
  • Staying up until 1am is not good when you have to work the next morning.
  • I should cook a decent dinner for myself sometimes.
  • Mowing the back yard sucks.
  • TGIF has never been so true.
  • Homework can take hours.
  • Even a sanity device (i.e. MP3) doesn't always bring much sanity.
  • A king size bed is too big for only one person.
  • I miss Brian more than I thought I would.
  • When you're the only adult, you have to kill all the bees and big fat spiders around. *shudder*
  • Doing it all on your own is exhausting.
  • I will survive.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

You'll get through this! Getting close to the halfway mark now! The time passes much more quickly for those of us who don't have to go through it. Now the 10 weeks until DS#3 gets home from Ukraine? Those are really dragging...

Melanie said...

You WILL survive! I'm so dependent on DH for some things that I just can't imagine going it alone. Hang in there, you're almost halfway through!

Linda said...

You'll make it - just take it one day at a time. Me...I'm ALL for having the bed to myself. I have a hard time falling asleep when Scott is gone, but I sleep much better, since he snores like a buzzsaw!

Being a temporary single parent sucks. Been there, done that, and will do it again, I'm sure, thanks to the military!

Carolyn F said...

Yes, 15 minutes of uninterupted time is heaven!