Sunday, December 09, 2007

HM9: Holiday Eating

Yummmmm ... I love holiday food. I have several must-haves each holiday season and they all revolve around my sweettooth (suprise, surprise! LOL).

My absolute favorite is nanimo bars. These are 3 layer bars. The bottom layer is a mix of crushed graham crackers, coconut, walnuts and chocolate. The middle layer is vanilla pudding mix and butter (this is the sweetest, yummiest part!) and the top layer is just plain chocolate. You chill them and cut them into squares to enjoy. I can't make these until 1 or 2 days before Christmas because I will sit and snack on them all day long. They are just sooooo yummy.

Another favorite is my homemade cheesecake. I'm not a huge cheesecake lover, but this homemade recipe I have is just so wonderful. I like to top it with sweetened raspberries. Again, this is a just-before-Christmas project for me.

My final favorite holiday food are spritzer cookies. Believe it or not, I haven't actually made these since I was a kid. My mom makes them every year and brings some over to trade them for my nanimo bars. This year I am determined to make them with the kids. My Mom got me a spritzer machine last year and I haven't yet used it.

So while I haven't actually made anything for holiday eating, I will be doing it soon. I'll post pictures of all when the time comes.

Happy Eating all!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

It all sounds yummy!