Tuesday, October 14, 2008

And life goes on...

I know I haven't written anything since my last sad post. I must admit the just thinking about it makes me sad still. The good news is that we did get to go visit the friend and he looked well. He was smiling and joking and just being himself. But as his dad said to me on my way out, "you could never imagine from looking at him how fragile he is inside". So we're continuing to keep Tristan's friends in our thoughts.

Of course, from my own selfish side of this I am just so sad for Tristan. This boy was probably his best friend and I think the feeling is mutual. Tristan has so few friends that he truly cherishes and this boy is one of those. I feel bad that he is worried about his friend and that he is having to deal with not having him around. I know that this is nothing compared to what his family is dealing with, both now and in the future. I just hope for a miracle to change the possible outcome.

On to other things is life, because life continues despite this all. We went to the Blazers fan night a week or two ago and had a good time. We were a little late and ended up in the nosebleed section, but the kids didn't care. Here they are...

Beyond that it's just getting read for Halloween and looking forward to Christmas. I can't help but think about how quickly this year has flown... and Christmas is just over 2 month away. Wow. Better get shopping...

2 comments:

Lily said...

sorry for the sadness. That's a tough thing for a kid to learn about. Love the photo

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry about DS's friend...