Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Visiting Family

After Christmas we took a quick weekend trip to visit my brother Jimmy and his family in Washington. We came up with an entire vanload of presents and baby stuff, both from the baby shower that never happened (darned piggy flu) and from Christmas. Also packed was a very special box from my sisters 13yo son, Jonny... his entire collection of Thomas trains. These were a HUGE hit. Randal was so adorable and loved playing with them, dragging trains around and pulling them in and out of the buildings. Chase and Jimmy had fun building tracks and seeing who could make a full track with no dead ends using all the pieces they had - and there were A LOT of pieces! Isn't Randal adorable!!!

The other reason for our visit was to meet baby Alden, who had arrived quite early just 10 days before. He was so adorable and tiny... just cute as can be! I'm so excited to have another nephew, as I think Randal is just adorable and so much fun! (On a side note, I finally get to see my other newphew, Jonny, this summer. I haven't seen him or my sister for 8 years. I can't wait!)

I enjoyed holding Randal, marveling at how tiny his little hands are and how he squinches up his face. Babies are so precious! Not that I want any more. LOL

The kids all adored Alden, but Tristan just hovered over him. Every time he'd make a sound Tristan would say "I think he needs something, he's making a noise!". I finally had to make him move away and quit hovering so Alden could sleep and Jimmy and Virginia could relax. LOL I think Tristan's going to make a fabulous Dad one day...

1 comment:

Jim said...

We had a great time having you come visit. I've been meaning to write a post of Randal and his trains, too!