Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Book Club


Living in Scappoose for so long has finally meant we've put down roots. We've met a lot of people and are involved in the community. I've made friends, mainly through work and scouts. But what's most precious to me here, besides my own family, is the book club girls. Book club was started about 2 1/2 years ago and started out with a group of scout moms and a few of their friends. Our numbers are up to 7 now and we meet monthly, rotating houses so everyone hosts. I really love how book club makes me go out of my way to read something I otherwise wouldn't or to see life in a different way. I truly love my book club and look forward to our meetings, which involved food, book talk and idle chit chat. The book club girls are my friends and I'm so lucky to have them.

1 comment:

Erica Brown said...

Our book group is my favorite night away from my responsabilites every month. I am so glad you invited me and am so thankful to have you as my friend! Love you!