Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Welcome to summer!

Every year I'm so excited for summer. By the end of spring I'm ready to be done with teaching for a bit and done with getting up in the mornings, going to school, having meetings, etc. So when summer comes I'm always excited for the chance to not have that structure and chaotic schedule. Yet each year when summer comes here I am again... busy, busy, busy. This year has been much of the same. I've taught 3 summer camps, taken Chase back and forth to National Youth Leadership Training, gone camping with the family and painted and moved the kids into new rooms. It's been a busy, busy summer thus far. And in the midst of it all I'm taking a full score of college classes, one of them being a photography course.

I must admit that I love photography and have for a very long time. Lately I've really been trying to work on more beautiful and better composed photos and thought I was doing well... until I started this course. It's much harder than I expected to get great photos. We're required to take 250 photos and then submit our 10 best photos for critique and grade. Our first assignment was due last week and was 10 landscape and/or architecture photos. I took about 400 photos for this assignment and these are the 10 I turned in:


My next assignment is the one I was most looking forward to - portrait photography. I was looking forward to this one - until he told us NO KIDS! Ugh... no pics of kids. I have to photograph adults. That's much, much harder. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: