Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My new phase...

I've been scrapbooking a lot lately. A LOT. At least, a lot for me. It's been spurred on by a couple of things: time off of work for Christmas and Spring breaks, girls scrapbook weekend and more success in getting layouts chosen for publication. I've completed 54 pages I've done already this year, which is nearly as many as I did the entire year of 2010. Here's some of my recent faves: And while I love that I'm scrapbooking more (and therefore using more of those fabulous supplies that I have), I do find myself in a bit of a rut... or a "phase" as I like to call it.

Now, I've had phases before. There was my white phase, when lots of my layouts had white backgrounds. There was my transparent phase, where I made see-through pages (you see one above and one below in theis posting). And I seem to be perpetually stuck in a patterned paper phase (I *love* patterned paper... I hardly use cardstock anymore. LOL).

My new phase is one that I would never have seen myself using... banners. I've seen them and resisted the urge to try them. Then I tried them, just once. Then again, then again... and now I can't stop! I just love banners!

So, in a hope to embarass myself out of using banners all the time, and to share some of my recent work with my family and friends, I'm going to post some of my recent banner layouts. Oh, and in case you think that it really isn't that many layouts, let me tell you that I have at least two banner layouts that were recently requested for publication (thus I can't share them online) and another layout on my desk nearly finished with some pretty banners too. :)


Thanks for looking!

No comments: