Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting All Crafty


Lately I've really been into crafting. Some of it has to do with a new monthly crafting group, http://www.stickychickscrafts.blogspot.com/, that my friends Melinda, Hattie and I started together. We get together once a month to chat, eat and make a fun craft. We've only met three months so far, and we made this:


and these (the insides are interchangeable for the seasons... "HOP" for Easter, "I <3 U" for Valentines and "USA" for Memorial Day/4th of July are the ones we've made so far, though at a later group we'll also do "BOO" for Halloween and "JOY" for Christmas):

Last month it was this cool subway art:


This month coming up it's my turn to host and we're making pedestal frames and an apothecary jar. I can't wait!


Being part of the craft group has really got me in the crafting mode and I've started making things on my own a bit too. Like this little setup, made with things I found at the thrift store (and it was my try at making a pedestal frame before the craft girls got here).
Then I broke out the vinyl and decorated these buckets for our motorcycle stuff: and this jar, for our Disney change savings jar.

It's been a lot of fun crafting and I see many more projects in my future.


(Please pardon the less-than-fabulous pictures... taking and posting them off of my cell phone is so much easier but it doesn't take nearly as good of pictures.)

1 comment:

Melinda said...

ummmm...is that a purple jar for disney? can you do that?
It has been fun getting in the crafting mood. I keep buying the stuff and now i just need to actually do it