Monday, May 25, 2009

No news...

... is not necessarily good news here. I haven't posted lately for a lot of reasons - Carissa's softball, Tristan's taekwondo and Chase's scouts are keeping me busy, the school year is ending and I'm working on all those final details for the year, Brian has been away at training and that leaves me doing most of the works, it's been beautiful weather and I've been spending my free time outside, the list could go on. But it all came to a halt this week when we learned that a boy in Chase's class had died. 12 years old. "Accidental hanging" is what it's been called and we're just all a bit in shock. This was a decent kid, one who sat with Chase at lunch, one who was energetic and loved science. And now he's just gone. It's been a bit surreal. I know unexpected deaths happen, but this one really brought it home. So take a few minutes to be thankful for those kids around you, thankful that they are healthy and alive.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I cannot express my shock at this post. I am so very sorry for the family and for your son having to deal with it. So very sad and shocking as you said. Hugs!