Saturday, September 18, 2010

The other side of the story...

Earlier I shared the pictures of my family from when my sister was here. Well, the days before those pictures were taken Brian, the kids and I spent a few days at the beach with my brother and his wife and kids. I totally adore both Randal and Alden. Randal is growing up and is so much fun! He likes to hang out with my kids and they spent a lot time playing at the playground getting coated in sand. Alden is such warm, smily, chubby little baby and I enjoyed being able to hold and enjoy him when we were there.

We stayed at a KOA outside of Astoria, where we stayed in cabins and enjoyed each others company. The kids played camp games and miniature golf but their favorite thing was this jumping pillow.
We went to first day of the Washington International Kite Festival in Long Beach, where we enjoyed the kites despite the overcast day. It started clearning up as we left but at least we got to see some of the wonderful kites flying (and enjoy our favorite big ice cream cones from Long Beach! LOL).
Our final day we finally made it to the beach. There was this huge hut made of driftwood. Someome took some time to build it, as you could crawl inside and get out of the wind. The kids liked it on top better! LOL
We also flew kites. The kids have had these huge, beautiful kites for years but we haven't flown them until now.

After our day at the beach it was time to head home, where we had a family dinner at Dad's and then got prepared for the family gathering where we took those pictures I previously posted. All in all, it was a great time at the beach with Jimmy and his family. I truly hope we can do it again sometime soon.

No comments: