Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When it rains, it pours...

This has never been more true than right now. It seems like that anaology is the driving force in our life lately. Here's a couple of reasons why:

We were a bit worried about Brian's new job, as he had to take a pay cut for the first year (you don't get incentive pay/education pay until you've been employed a year). So we knew it was going to be even tighter than life already is. The sheriff did mention that the guys get overtime most of the time so we had hoped he would get enough to make up that pay cut. Little did we know that he would be on the other end of the spectrum - tons of overtime. So for now, it's raining overtime and we're thankful for the relief of stress that brings to our finances. However, I'm a little saddened that that means more time away for Brian and more stress on him.

You know how I mentioned that it had been months and months since I'd received a call that a magazine wanted to publish a page? Well, since that post I've received two more calls. Guess I'm not as dried up as I thought! LOL So it's raining scrapbook publications and I'll thankful and happy about that.

Lately, it's also been raining stuff... all that stuff to do. Scouts and cheer and taekwondo are the leaders in my life, but I've also been volunteering at the kids schools and have book club and scrapbooking night for myself. Plus there's scout leaders meetings, school parents organization meetings, curriculum and planning for my job at the preschool, etc. Needless to say, I'm just overwhelmed. Too many things to do and not enough hours in the day to do them. And I'm not sure where to draw the line and what to drop. I did finally decide to take a term off of school and see if that would relieve some of the burden. I'm also trying not to take anything more on and hope to better balance what I do have. But it's hard sometimes. I want to be superwoman and I'm not and the raining down of stuff is soaking me.

I know there's more that's raining and pouring in my life, but those are the three I could think of at the moment. I must admit that we still lead a pretty great life and my slight complaints are nothing like some others must have to deal with.

I'm thankful each day for the life, family and friends all around me and for the things in life that rain, pour and shower me in happiness.

No comments: