Monday, February 28, 2011

Wacky Wednesday (Am I the only one Wacky?)

My job is really fun most of the time. The kids are great and I really enjoy teaching them. One activity we do every year is Wacky Wednesday. It's based off of the Dr. Seuss book of the same name. On this day we instruct the kids to dress up in their wackiest looks and we have wacky activities. For instance, we painted on paper taped to the wall and painted with toy cars, blocks, potato smashers, etc. Then we have a wacky snack... this year it was worms in dirt (gummy worms in pudding with smashed chocoalte graham crackers on top). Usually it's a really fun day... unless everyone forgets about it. And this year they did. It was in the monthly newsletter but by the middle of the month most parents had forgotten. So the only ones in our class dressed up for Wacky Wednesday were the teachers. So I looked rather ridiculous all on my own, dressed in pants with shorts on top of them, mis-matched socks, crazy hat and gloves and socks pinned all over my shirt. LOL Oh well, maybe next year it'll be wackier...

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I love it! The best part was passing you in the car thinking you were wearing that hat to keep warm :)