Sunday, August 13, 2006

I always knew I had a group of ruffians ...

but now it's confirmed. See, evidence!

Who are these kids? Well, they're actually street kids - my street kids. Chase and Tristan covered in dirt and wearing tattered rags for their parts in the River City Childrens Theater production of Aladdin and the Magic Lamp.

The kids were so adorable. They sang songs and had their own lines to memorize. And they both did it absolutely perfect. Afterwards Tristan said he had stage fright but that it went away as soon as he got on stage. Chase, the vetran actor (this is his 2nd year), practiced extra every day just for the love of the story and the music.

I sat in the front of the theater and couldn't help but get choked up. I was so proud of them and I could see that they were equally proud of themselves.

I have to say that the RCCT is such a wonderful program for the kids. They go to day camp for a week where they learn their lines, songs and stage directions. Then on Friday night they have the big performance. Such a wonderful program with the most wonderful young directors. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for them. They're already looking forward to next years theater camp.

2 comments:

Bonni said...

They look so cute..how cool!

Linda said...

there's a travelling group like RCCT that comes to military bases (Missoula Children's Theatre, I think), and I might get Hannah involved next year - we missed it here this year, and didn't realize it was in Bamberg this spring, too! Your kids sound great!