Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What did I do without kids?

Seriously, do you ever think back on your life before kids and try to remember what you did? Because I can't remember. How did I fill my days? What kept me entertained? I've been a Mom for nearly 10 years and I can't remember life before. I wish I could because I could use some of those ideas right now.

I will say that this has been relaxing. We're not sleeping much ... it's just not home. And there is no TV (although I did watch this weeks Rockstar reality episode online this morning).

I've been reading, which I love. And while it's been beautiful here I just don't go outside to read because I don't want to be baked and burned in the sun. But I did finish one book and am looking forward to starting the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 book.

Besides that I've just been scrabooking. I've done 4 pages and have a 5th almost done. I'll have to finish the journaling at home but the pages are designed and pasted and waiting for that finishing touch.

Brian and I went hiking yesterday at a spot where you can actually still see pieces of the Oregon Trail. Brian and I were both really touched by this ... we didn't expect to be but we were. It was such a quiet place out in the woods away from everything and you could actually feel the struggles of those who had passed this way in the 1800's. There are ruts forever carved into the earth and trees bearing the marks of wagon wheels. Really an awesome spot.

Tonight we're going bowling and mini golfing then back here so Brian can finish homework for his playwriting class. Tomorrow evening we're heading out to Catherine Creek for a hike there ... supposedly a beautiful area and a nice place to hike. Then it's Friday and Brian can finally finish his classes (he will be SO relieved) and we can pack up to head home on Saturday and finally see our kids. YEAH!!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Your comment about the Oregon Trail made me think of where I'm at right now...the heart of Kansas. There is nothing but open prairie here...well, we have the Flint Hills which are just undulating bumps...but to imagine the struggles of the pioneers as they made their way out west...wow!

Just Say Julie said...

it takes a while to adjust to doing things without the kiddos....i usually find right at the time i can handle being without them it's time to go get them and get back into the swing of being mommy again!