Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Still counting ...

9 1/2 weeks down, 6 1/2 still left to go. It's been a long road and I'm ready for it to be over with.


Everything here seems to keep me hopping. My new neighbor and I were talking last week and she said when she first moved in she thought I was just stuck up and never said hi to her, but it took her a few weeks to realize that I was focused solely on rushing to the next event and that I didn't even notice her waving to me. Yep, that pretty much sums up my life. Rushing from here to there and back again. Work, volunteering, scouts, parents organizations, baseball, more work, more volunteering, more baseball... you get the picture.


It has all come to a screeching halt this week though, as Carissa got the flu. Poor girl. She's been home for 2 days already but I'm hoping she's better by tomorrow. Of course, she's enjoying the unlimited TV/game time (we limit our kids to 1 hour per day but give them a break when they're sick). She's watching yet another Barbie movie while lying in our bed and realxing on Dad's comfy pillow. Hopefully she'll be feeling better tomorrow...


In other news, I'm thoroughly frustrated in my search for a pig costume for Chase's role as Wilbur in Charlotte's Web. I thought about getting him some sort of long sleeve hooded shirt and pants, both in white (because he doesn't have to wear pink, which he is absolutely thrilled about). Unfortunately all those white things are either impossible to find because of the season or outrageously expensive. I only have another 3 weeks and I've come up empty thus far. *sigh* If the magic costume fairy is out there and has a tip for me I'm ready to hear it!


In all the hubub around here I've barely had time to do my homework much less scrapbook. But today I was really inspired by looking at pictures of baby Randal. Man, is he getting adorable. I love that he's starting to get a little of his own character. And some of these pictures are so perfectly suited to scrapbooking.


Jimmy, Virginia and Randal are coming to visit for the first time at the end of of the month and I'm SOOOOO excited. We haven't seen them since they left for Italy a couple of years ago, so this will be a chance to see them and Randal. YEAH! Oh, and for those of you who read this and know Jimmy too, here are some pictures of theirs to share. While I love that Randal is making a kissy face while his mom is smooching him, my favorite picture is Jimmy and Randal in their flightsuits. OOoooooooooo ...

2 comments:

Linda said...

magic costume fairy: Get some cheap fleece at a craft store...get some "Liquid Stitch". Lay a pair of his pants down, cut approximately 2 inches LARGER all around. Use the liquid stitch on the side in inseams, then hem. For the waist, get some elastic (wide) and fold the top to create a pocket, use the liquid stitch and leave about a 1 1/2" gap somewhere. Using a safety pin, thread the elastic thru the gap, all the way around, then use the pin to hold the 2 ends together.

You can pretty much do the same with a top, too.

OR, you could send me a pair of his pants and a shirt, and I could get the fabric here, do it for you and send it back.....

Catherine said...

Those are some adorable photos!!