Sunday, June 15, 2008

Have I mentioned that I love summer???

Seriously. I love it! We're only 3 days into it so maybe I'm more excited about it then I will be in another month, but I'm totally loving it!

Case in point: it's 2:44am. I've done 2 pretty awesome layouts tonight (if I do say so myself!) and I'm cleaning up my desk to start another. I can stay up as late as I want because I can sleep in - another thing of beauty this summer, along with having kids old enough to make their own breakfast.

So I can stay up late scrapbooking and watching girlie movies. I love it!

Speaking of girlie movies, I've been meaning to post a list of some of my favorite of all times and hope to get some input back with some of your favorites. I'm looking to expand my "girlie movie" library.

Now, the ground rules here. A "girlie movie" is a movie that us girls love. Something you don't watch with your husband or significant other. Something with a love story, something with great music, something with a hunky guy. Those are the rules of "girlie movies".

Here are my all-time faves:
  1. Enchanted
  2. Dirty Dancing (both the original and Havana Nights)
  3. Notting Hill
  4. Ever After
  5. Footloose
  6. Sweet Home Alabama
  7. Pretty Woman
  8. 13 Going on 30
  9. Save the Last Dance
  10. Titanic

Honorable mention goes to my two favorite friends movies, Beaches (which will always remind me of Kim) and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (again, reminds me of Kim ... we actually shared slutty little skirts instead though. LOL).

Now, I'd love to hear some of yours. Expand my horizons and share your girlie movies with me!

1 comment:

Anita said...

My favorite girlie movies are While You Were Sleeping and Pillow Talk. I have a HUGE crush on Bill Pullman, but I don't even take that into consideration. While You Were Sleeping is just so goooooooood. I can watch it over and over and I do. Pillow Talk is older and highly sexist, but it's just so amusing I can't help but watch it. And I don't care if he was gay, Rock Hudson was easy on the eyes. Of course, if you like period movies, the best one ever is the Colin Firth edition of Pride and Prejudice. I'm swooning just thinking about it.