Sunday, November 08, 2009

Like death warmed over...

...that's a pretty accurate description of how I've been feeling the last few days. I was fine all week until Thursday afternoon. I had a busy day - worked, went to exchange some shoes at Koh's, visited with my Grandma and Aunt - then came home to get ready for book club, which I hosted this month.

Around 4pm I started feeling a little off but thought it was just from being tired. Got involved in preparations for book club, had dinner and started feeling a little warm. I was fine by the time book club started but by thend it was all I could do to sit through the rest of it.

It was all downhill from there. I've suffered through this unidentified flu for 4 days so far (all the symptoms and timing point to the Swine Flu, though Kaiser doesn't even want to see you much less diagnose you with H1N1). I've had fevers, chills, coughing, congestion, headaches, body aches, skin sensitivity and just about every other thing you can think of.

I'm totally bummed because I missed going to Bremerton for Virginia's baby shower on Saturday. And now I'm not sure we'll be able to go visit before vacation. And I always feel bad about taking days off work, especially knowing that I'll be taking so many off for vacation. But really, I'll just be glad when this is over and I'm healthy again.

No comments: