Friday, November 20, 2009

Childhood Memory

I was on the phone to Disney this morning ironing out some details for our vacation and got placed on what seemed like eternal hold. While waiting a song came on that reminded me of a happy childhood memory that I had all but forgotten. The music was the theme song from the film at American pavilion at Epcot - a song that I haven't heard since I was a kid. We went to Disneyworld as a family when I was about 12 and while there my parents bought the record (yes, the RECORD ... vinyl! LOL) with the theme park music from the international pavilions of Epcot. I clearly remember waking up to that music playing downstairs on Sunday mornings and the smell of the waffles and eggs my father was cooking for breakfast. It's amazing how one little tune can bring back such memories. And it's amazing to think that I had almost forgotten.

No comments: