Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

The good thing about Thanksgiving is that the day after is Black Friday. And Black Friday means shopping. The one and only store in our little town is Fred Meyer and each Black Friday I get up at 4:45am to make it to Fred Meyer by the 5am opening. As always, I purchase socks for everyone. It's the only time of the year that I buy socks, as they are always 50% off. This year I bought TONS more than I usually do, as the boys are moving up from kids socks to adult socks so I needed lots and lots of pairs. A package each for Carissa and I and 3 for Brian should get us all through the year. I also purchased PJ's at 60% off, pillows for us all at 50% off, a necklace for Carissa to wear after she does her pick-a-pearl at Disney and a calendar for 2010. Wiped out over $150 in Fred Meyer, but we're pretty set for the next year. Plus, it's nice to be up early and enjoying some peace and quiet before the kids rise.

No comments: