Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tidbits from the kids

Just a little tidbit about each of the kids for today...

CARISSA is currently stuck on dresses and skirts. Again. Last year I thought we were progressing because she started wearing leggings all the time and just occasionally wearing skirts and dresses. No such luck, as she is now back to strictly skirts and not even wearing any leggings with them, even when it's cold. BRRRRRRR...

TRISTAN has decided what he wants to be when he grows up ... a Trailblazer! He said he wants to be paid to play basketball. I tried to explain to him that you first have to work hard and practice lots, then you go to college and play and then maybe you get to go professional. He says "I know" and just goes on his merry way. Basketball season does start soon and this is his 2nd year playing. He moves to full-court this year (last year was half-court) so it will be interesting to see how that works out for him.

CHASE came home last week and told me that he was sent to the principals office. I was stunned. This is my follow-the-rules, easy-going, do-as-your-told sort of kid who has NEVER been sent to the principals office. So I asked him what for. He broke out in a huge grin and said "because I got the best state testing score my teacher and the principal has ever seen!" Apparently he had state testing last week and got a huge score on his test, 260 points (which is about 20 points over the "exceeding" ranked score). He was so proud of himself! The kid never ceases to amaze me...

No comments: