Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Family Reunion (or as close as we get)

We have a very small family. In my entire lifetime I can't recall ever going to a family reunion, mainly because we have so little family that I'm aware of. So this week was as close as we come to a family reunion. And it all centered around on key event - my sisters visit to Oregon.


Last week was my sisters high school reunion so she flew back to Oregon to attend. I haven't seen her since I took her to the airport 8 years ago. She now lives in Texas and neither of us gets the chance to see once another.


My brother and sister-in-law came to Oregon to visit too, planning their tirp to coiincide with Wendy's visit.


Today was my turn to host the family and the final time we got to see one another before my sister left for Texas. We had dinner and german chocolate cake for my dads birthday then walked to the park for some family pictures. These were my faves...

Here's where we started - mom, dad and us three kids:

Here's just us kids:

And all of our kids - the grandkids:

And here we are all together, one big family shot. Who knows, it could be 8 years before we're here again. But it was good to have this family time.







1 comment:

Jim said...

We had a great time! Let's hope it's not another 8 years!