Saturday, August 21, 2010

Still Life

I've been really enjoying my photography class this term and I can't believe it's almost over! My final assignment was due today and the theme was still life. I really didn't have any idea what to do for still life and moped around for 10 days or so before settling down to take photos. And since I didn't have many ideas I just perused the house for things to take pictures of, like this shell:
and my beloved Mickey Mouse musical figurine.
Then I hit the kitchen - the refrigerator, the pantry, my china cabinet - and started to get a little more creative.
I added a little 7up to liven things up a bit
And then there's this one - my 2nd fave of my entire portfolio. Again, photoshop helps me turn the raspberries blue. I LOVE photoshop! Just wish I could have it on my own computer instead of using the ones at school!
These adorable little cups from the china cabinet, some juice from the fridge and a bloom from my geranium all put together. I digitally manipulated this one, as the paper and juice were originally shades of yellow. I decided to go all pink.
The teacup got me thinking about the teacup ride at Disneyland, which is based on the Mad Hatter's teaparty in Alice in Wonderland. Inspired by Alice, I made my own little ode to the movie using these adorable little brownie bites in my fridge (which I got free with coupons - score!). Before long the kids were bringing me things to photograph, some of which I used for my final assignment. These are Tristan's knitting/crocheting supplies. His 3rd/4th grade teacher taught him how and gave him the yarn to keep working with.
Here's some of Carissa's toy horses and blooms from my friend Melinda's yard. A little photoshop magic on this one turns the tiny horse into a beautiful unicorn.
This one wasn't brought to me, but I've been meaning to take a photo of Chase's bear for some time, as it's been with him since the beginning and is still well-loved.
The school supplies were hanging about and so were the wrapping supplies (I'd just wrapped Tristan's birthday gifts) so I put them together for this one.
And last but not least, one of my fave photographs - the bottom of a handblown glass bowl that I received when my cub scout den toured a glass blowing foundry years ago.
So there you go. The end of my journey in Art 140-Digital Photography. Thanks for putting up with all my photos. I learned a lot and think I'll use what I learned in my photographs for years to come.

No comments: