Wednesday, February 22, 2006

If it's not one thing ...

So first Carissa gets an ear infection. We find out on Friday, which means we have plenty of time for her to take her antibiotics and to feel better before our vacation.

Then this weekend Brian's mom trips over a their brick fireplace and strains her ankle. Add this to her already busted up knees and it means that she's definitely going to need a wheelchair for Disneyland. Again, we can deal with this.

Then this morning Tristan falls at school. He slips on his own shoelace (untied, of course!) and lands on the hard school floor hitting his head and twisting his neck. The school calls to let me know it happened but I decide to let him be and see how he does. The teacher calls after lunch to tell me that he's complaining, crying when he moves his neck and holding on to the back of his neck. So I go pick him up and take him to Urgent Care. 3 1/2 hours and several x-rays later we find out he has whip lash. The Dr. says it's very uncommon to have whiplash at 7 years old, but our extraordinary son has it nonetheless. What this means is that he may have to miss some of the crazier rides, like Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain Railroad, at least at the beginning of our trip. Hopefully he'll feel better by the middle of the trip and can ride those rides then.

I think from this point on I am going to quarantine my family in the house, because I don't think I can handle any more of these scares!

No comments: