Friday, November 24, 2006

SHOPPING!

I am a sucker for a bargain. I love shopping sales and clearance, using coupons and feeling like I got the best deal possible on what I was buying. And I love the excitement of it all too, going into a store knowing that there are great deals and hoping I'm in time to get them. So Black Friday sales are right up my alley.

I'm at an advantage here because we're such a small community and have only one store to shop at. Cooincidentally that one store is the one I love to shop year after year, not only for their great deals but also because it's not flooded with shoppers. This year was no exception.

I got up bright and early at 4:50 so that I could be there when the store opened at 5:00. Zipped in and got a gift for Brian's mom at 1/2 price, some of the buy-1-get-1-free board games for Chase and his cousin Aaron, 40% off on a gift for my niece Ashley, $$ off on a gift for my nephew Josh, some decorative light-up snowflakes for the house at 50% off, 50% off flannel sheets for Carissa and piles and piles of my absolute favorite Black Friday item - 50% off socks.

I did this all at a liesurely pace, no running or shoving or unkind words from other shoppers. Walked right up to a register, no waiting. Was in and out within an hour with a much lighter wallet but bags of wonderful deals.

I LOVE Black Friday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you -- it was a ZOO here, and my only concession to black friday was hitting AC Moore to get a fastenator for $10!