Sunday, June 17, 2007

*Snip, Snip*

OK, so this is momentus for me. It's something I haven't done in forever -- since last June to be exact. One year and not a single haircut. It's one of those Mommy things in me. I don't spend the money on myself. I just don't. But when my Mom gave me money for my birthday I knew that's what I wanted to spend it on.


So last Wed. I went to see Keeli, who came highly recommended by some of my friends. She was so nice and spent over and hour cutting my hair, talking with me about what I wanted and how I wanted it then styling it for me. She did have to cut off more than I would have liked - about 3 1/2 inches - but it was in so many different lengths because of how long it had been since I'd had it cut before. After washing, adding a moisurizer and cutting my hair she styled it for me. I'd never straightened my hair before and I like the change from my normal wavy hair.


So I walk away from there on Wed. happy with the results and excited about showing Brian, who is still away at the Academy. Well, on Thurs. we meet for dinner halfway and I just know that he's going to see the changes.


Dinner comes and goes and not a single peep from him. He, who always brags about being a "trained observer", does not notice the shorter, straighter hair. Ugh. Oh well, he'll notice this weekend, right? He comes home Friday night and nothing. Saturday nothing. By Saturday afternoon I've decided that if he hasn't noticed by now he probably isn't going to.


So I give him a hard time about beign a "trained observer" and not even observing the change in his own wife. He looks at me with a blank look and I finally have to tell him what the change is. He just says "Oh, long hair is long hair." Sheesh!


OK, there's my long story. But the point is that I got my hair cut and I love it. Carissa was home I set up the tripod and had her click the shutter button for me so I could get some photos. Here they are:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! It looks fantastic :-)

Melanie said...

You've got such beautiful long hair!

Catherine said...

You look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOAH!!!! Hot mama!!

Cynthia said...

You are beautiful!

Carolyn F said...

Great cut -- your hair looks lovely!

The Mom said...

I think it looks great too!!