Friday, June 08, 2007

Winding Down

Baseball is officially over. Tristan and Carissa have played their last game and each walked away with a new trophy. And I've walked away with a greater respect for parents who do this on their own year after year. Wow, it was a handful. And I couldn't have done it without the help and support of all the Grandparents, who each came and helped out when I needed it. THANK YOU!

My preschool class had their last day yesterday. Oooooohhhhhhh. We still have a party on Tuesday so we haven't had to say the real goodbyes yet. But it was bittersweet watching them walk out of the classroom for the last time. I've only been with this group since February, but they've sort of grown on me. And I've seen how they've all grown so much in the short time I've known them. Already I can see how fulfilling teaching is.

4 more days of school for the kids. I can't believe the year is almost over and that soon I will have a 1st, 3rd and 5th grader. Wow. But I'm ready for summer. I'm ready for a release from the day-to-day requirements of school. I'm ready for a break from the volumes of volunteering I do. I'm ready not to have to get up at 7am after staying up until 3am to scrap.

But as the school year is winding down the summer plans are starting to loom. The week after school is over is when Brian graduates from Academy. YEAH!!! We're so excited to have him graduate and be back at home where he belongs. The next week the boys are in Theater Camp and Carissa is at gymnastics camp. Then in July Chase is at Football camp while Tristan is at Scout Camp. Then Chase goes to scout camp -- this time for a whole week. Oh, and did I mention that *I* have to go to all these scout camps too? But once August hits our plans are over and we can spend some time relaxing and getting ready for school.

It's a busy life, that's for sure. But I'm sure enjoying it.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Your kids are still in school??? Hannah's been out for 2 weeks now - ugh! We're arranging playdates, classes, swimming lessons...I'm just now delving into the first "summer activities" and it's a handful! Hannah's been at vacation bible school all week (it's been a POOL party the entire time!), and we have a week off with a few play dates, then off to Pittsburgh for a week, the back for 2 weeks of swim lessons, then a month of Art classes...we couldn't take soccer because it's the week of Pittsburgh...sigh.

Catherine said...

Doesn't it seem sometimes like summer is even busier than the school year with all the stuff going on?

Monica K said...

So glad Brian will be graduating soon!
Sounds like it's gonna be a busy summer. Don't forget to relax, Annette!

BTW, you're tagged. :)