Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm in heaven

I rarely treat myself to anything special. I've never had a manicure or pedicure, I only get a haircut once or twice a year and I don't spend money on fancy clothes or shoes, all of which made todays experience that much more enjoyable.

*happy sigh*

Today I had my first ever facial today and I am just in heaven! My wonderful friend Angie (who I miss) left some gift certificates with me when she moved away, including one for a 60 minute facial. I finally found the time to go today and it was such a treat! Not only was it a facial treatment but she massaged my neck, shoulders, hand and feet too. I came away all clean and soft and mousturized. I felt like an absolute princess. It was so wonderful and relaxing and left me feeling mellow all day long. So thank you Miss Angie for the wonderful experience. And thank you to whoever created facials... you are my hero!

6 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

How wonderful that you were pampered! It's such a great feeling and a nice treat, huh?

What a sweet friend you have!
Jennifer

Much Ado said...

Hmmmmm, I love facials, they make me want to fall asleep. I bet that won't be your last one!!

Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great treat!!!

Bonni said...

very sweet...glad you enjoyed it, you deserve it girl

Anonymous said...

Girl - go get yourself a pedicure when you are a free woman! $20 at Wal-Mart (at least that's what it is in champaign)

SOOOOO worth it - except you might get hoooked!

Hugs to you - Susan