Monday, October 02, 2006

Toothless Girl

It's happened, Carissa lost her first tooth!

Only last week we noticed that she had a wiggly tooth. She had taken a bite of Cloissine's apple and complained that it hurt her tooth. We looked at it then and noticed that it was wiggly.

This week she's been wiggling it a bit and it was getting more and more loose. And this evening Brian pulled it out! He said she was very brave and didn't cry or scream.

This left me with a little quandry. I always make the kids a "tooth pillow" when they get their first wiggly. Carissa and I had been to Wal-Mart just this afternoon to buy the material but I hadn't had time to make it. Yet here she was, 8pm and a tooth out of her mouth. So I set to work on it and had it made before bedtime. It was a bit of a rush but it turned out adorable and she loves it.

She headed to bed with her tiny bottom tooth safe in the pocket of her tooth pillow. She was thrilled when she woke up to a $5 bill from the tooth fairy.

Now she sports this little toothy grin just in time for Halloween.

2 comments:

Linda said...

she lost the same tooth as Hannah! I like having a pillow to take care of the tooth, it's easier when the tooth fairy comes to get the pillow and not the tooth!

Anita said...

I LOVE when kids lose their teeth. It's the cutest thing in the world! Such adorable pictures. :)