Tuesday, January 15, 2008

11 days to go. 11 days until we leave for Disneyworld. 11 days to get all 10 suitcases, 5 carry ons and 5 fanny packs organized and packed. 11 days to make the finishing touches on Carissa's birthday plans. 11 days to stress over ever minute detail that I may or may not forget at some point. 11 days, 5 days of work, 3 Tae Kwon Do practices, 2 basketball practices, 1 basketball game, 1 gymnastics class, 1 dentist appointment, 1 book club meeting, 1 haircut still left to get and 1 day of football games to watch. Oh, and that 2 day snow trip with the boy scouts. Ugh, what was I thinking? Why did I think that 2 days at the snow a week before leaving on our big vacation was a good idea? Oh, I know. I was thinking "gee, this would sure be fun for Chase. Let's do it!" Someone smack me please!

Anyhow, I think you get the point that I'm stressing this all a little. It could have to do with the fact that I am a planner and organizer and the fact that I'm not all packed and ready to go is bugging me. It could be because the weather forecast is constantly changing and I'm not sure whether to pack pants, shorts, tanks or sweatshirts. Heck, why not pack it all??? Because God knows I can do it all in 11 days. Scratch that ... I can do it all in 9 days, seeing as how 2 days will be spent doing nothing at all to prepare for the trip.

Ugh. Off to meditate or inebriate, whichever works better. ;)

No comments: