Saturday, June 04, 2011

Snapshots of a Good Life: Week 2

Our second week was all about shutter speed and both capturing and implying motion. Capturing motion wasn't so hard, though capturing something in motion and still beautiful was a little more difficult. Often you end up with wierd shots at wierd angles. I took the kids to the park for this assignment and shot them practicing for their Taekwondo belt testing that's happening next week. Let me tell you, these photos sure showed the kids where their forms and kicks aren't quite right. But we also caught some pieces that were really great. This was my favorite picture capturing motion:





I did find that implying motion (purposefully catching the blurred motion) was harder. Here's the photo I submitted, though I know that it's not exactly right (it's focused on the grass, not her).




The last part of the assignment was to play around with freezing and/or implying motion and then post your favorite photo. I did this assignment on the day it was due (thanks to all our rain!) and it happened to be a day I got to ride on the boat with Brian. Lesson learned... taking decent photos from a rocking, moving boat is NOT easy. When we were at the boathouse I did catch this bird returning to the nest with a stick and posted it as my favorite. Brian just let me know that this nest now has a bunch of little hatchlings in it.




Just a reminder that these are all SOOC, with no editing.

No comments: