Monday, May 01, 2006

Oh ...

Today I went to sign Carissa up for Kindergarten. What a bittersweet moment. I'm so happy the she's going to Kindergarten next year and she's certainly looking forward to it. But on the other hand, she is my baby and I can't believe she's going to Kindergarten. Not to mention, I've gotten very used to spending time with her, to having her home with me and tagging along everywhere together all day. It's only 1/2 days in Kindergarten, so I'll still have her home in the afternoons. But it's the start of big changes ahead for her. I know she's ready. I'm just not sure I am.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Wow! Kindergarten! Jim and I are really starting to feel old. I'm sure Carissa will love school, and at least you have one more year where she won't be away all day.

Linda said...

I would have done the same here, except we have to move in July, so registration will wait till we get to Kansas. I just heard they're going to full day kindergarten there. Will be great for Hannah, as she is already in a part-day preschool and wants to go all day!

I was thinking about it when I saw the registration notice come out...can you BELIEVE we are registering our "feb babies"?

Anita said...

I could cry for you. It's the saddest thing to see them go off to Kindergarten and not need you anymore! Think of all the photo ops, though! ;)

Jim said...

Just think about what you can do with all that free time. It may be bittersweet, but at least you can scrap...

Little Bro

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»