Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Busy Summer Plans

It's been a busy week already and our summer looks to continue that way through the end of July. But at least it keeps the kids busy and entertained. :)

School got out on Thursday. On Friday we went to see "Cars", which was SO adorable. I was entertained and that's pretty good for a kids movie. Then again, having your kids sitting next to you laughing their heads off is a pretty good indication that the movie is funny.

Saturday we spent doing family things and then Mom & Dad came over to help us work on our deck. We set up the pool in the backyard and it's warming and filtering right now.

Sunday was Fathers Day and we headed to Mom & Dad's for ham dinner and to finish the fencing we started this spring.

Monday we took our kids as well as Brenden & Anwen (Chase's best friend and his sister) swimming at the local pool. Then we went into town to see my father and wish him a belated fathers day. Got some fresh raspberries from his bushes while we were there. YUM!

Tuesday once of the mommies from Carissa's preschool came over to scrapbook with me. She brought her 2 kids. Then another mommie from preschool (who is having her baby tomorrow!!!) dropped her kids off so she could go get a manicure and pedicure before giving birth. Add Brenden to the mix and I have 7 kids over here! Busy, busy day!

What's ahead for us? Camping this week for 4 days. Home for a few days then gone camping again over the 4th. Back for less than a week and I am taking Chase to Cub Scout horse camp. Home for 2 days and I'm back out for Tristan's Cub Scout camp. After that we actually have 2 weeks with nothing major planned, but after that Brian and I are going to Eastern Oregon for a week so he can take some arts courses and I can relax, scrapbook and read. After that things finally calm down. Then it's just school clothes shopping and other back-to-school activities.

And here I thought I was going to relax all summer long. What was I thinking?!?

No comments: