Friday, June 02, 2006

Three Obscure Things (Blog Challenge #2)

So today's blog challenge is to post 3 obscure things about yourself. These are things that most people don't know about me. So read on and keep the snickering to a minimum:

1. When I was about 12 I won the "Most Freckled" contest at the Lincoln County Fair.

2. When I was a teenager I had an entire wall in my room plastered with New Kids on the Block pictures that I tore out of my "Tiger Beat" magazines. And I once cried myself to sleep when I realized that I was never going to be able to marry Jordan Knight (one of the singers in the group).

3. I'm very attached to my hair. Not just in the literal sense either. My hair is my safety net. I play with it when I'm nervous. I let it fall in my face when I'm trying to hide or I'm embarassed. I throw it over my shoulder when I'm trying to be flirty. I'm scared to do anything traumatic to it because I don't know what could happen, so I only get a haircut about once a year and I never try the highlights I've always wanted. I swear, if something happens to my hair I don't know what I'd do!

6 comments:

Emma said...

Great obscure facts about you!

Bonni said...

great little facts about you...I bet I could give you a run for your money on the freckles ;) and the highlighting is not that bad..I think some very very subtle blonde highlights would look gorgeous on you, just don't get the same kit I did...yowsers!

Jim said...

I thought the challenge was to list things people don't know, but I knew them all. Perhaps it's because I had to listen to the New Kids on the Block through the walls in our house on 58th street or because I had to wait for hours while you primped and curled your life away in our only bathroom. Ah, those were the days.....

Bro

Just Say Julie said...

oh Tiger Beat! hadn't thought about that magazine in awhile

Jessica Bellus Photography said...

Im sure Highlights would look great on you.. and LOL about the Freckles.. im sure I could win something like that... LOL.. except I really dislike mine..

Interesting facts! Thanks for the challenge

Anita said...

If I had hair like yours, I'd be attached to it, too! I got stuck with icky hair, though. Thanks for another fun blog challenge. ;)