Monday, November 28, 2005

It hit me ...


...yesterday that I don't have any Christmas decorations. Sure, I have all the trimmings for the tree (including some awesome new plastic Christmas ornaments from IKEA!), the kids Christmas stockings, lights for outside the house and a fresh wreath for the front door, but I don't have much "decor". You know, the extra stuff that goes all around your house to make it feel are warm and Christmasy. So I'm on a mission: finish buy Christmas gifts and spend what is left over on Christmas decor.




The one thing I did have plenty of in the Christmas box was books. So while perusing the Christmas boxes yesterday the kids dove right into those. They amaze me with their constant love of reading. And it's not just one, it's all of them. I couldn't help but take a photo of them sitting together reading their favorite Christmas books. Chase's favorite is "Bob" the Reindeer, Tristan's is "If You Take A Mouse to the Movies" and Carissa's is "I Smell Christmas". My favorite is "The Bears Christmas".

Now I'm off to take the kids lunch at school. Bad Mommy lost her groove from having so much time off of school and forgot to make sandwiches last night, so I have to make them and take them this morning instead.

No comments: