Tuesday, December 20, 2005

No UTI, but I may have a worm ...

OK, that doesn't sound good at all! LOL

Thought I had a UTI so went in today to the lab. Alas, no UTI. Hopefully the weird symptoms will cease or I'll actually have to go *see* the Dr.

On the other side, I may have a worm on my computer. At least that's what Felicia thinks it may be. I surely hope its not. What would I do without my computer? (Oh, I'd confiscate Brian's laptop, that's what! LOL) At least I have all of my photos backed up.

Our Christmas gifts are DONE. Just need to put another coat of Mod Podge on the altered canvas I did for Brian's parents (see the picture here ... using a NEW kit from www.scrapaddict.com). Then I need to wrap it and I'm completely finished. YEAH! Hopefully everyone will be pleased with the Christmas goodies this year. The elves were a little low on dough, but they made do.

I've been thinking of making something for Brian for Christmas. Maybe an accordian book or something. Of course, I'd need to get on the ball about it as there are only 5 days left until Christmas. But the worst thing is that I know he isn't getting me anything. We just can't afford it this year. So if I make this for him he will feel badly because I don't have anything to open. So I don't know what to do.

In other news, my brother and SIL are currently stationed in Italy. Last week they had torrential rains and flooding and had to be evacuated from their home. They were very lucky - their SUV is higher than most cars so it didn't get flooded and their housing sits a bit higher than many others in their housing unit so they just barely missed flooding inside the house (another inch and it would have been inside). I'm so thankful that they were spared all that, but still feel badly for all the other military families there that did get flooded. Hopefully the water, electricity and sewer will be restored soon so that they can return home. I haven't heard from them so I'm assuming that it's not the case quite yet.

2 comments:

Carolyn F said...

Beautiful canvas! The elves here in NC were stretching their dough as well, don't feel alone!

Anonymous said...

All the presents I got on christmas, I love the canvas picture the best.. I like the other things but I love it when you make presents from the heart..

Love Mom