Thursday, April 20, 2006

Better

Things have been better the past few days, as I knew it would. I was in such a funk that day that I was glad when it was over.

Tristan had another game today and hit all 3 times at bat. We worked with him at home and I think that helped some. He was just thrilled that he hit the ball and got to run the bases, even if he was tagged out once.

Carissa's first game is tomorrow, if the weather holds out. It's supposed to start raining tonight so I'm not sure she'll even have a game tomorrow. But if she does I won't be there, as I am taking a "me" night and going to crop at the scrap store in St. Helens. I've never been to a crop at a scrap store before, so it will be a nice change. And I get to hang out with the other preschool mommies and chat and eat and such, so that should be fun.

Saturday we have some shopping to do (Costco mainly ... need some food! LOL) and then Tristan has a birthday party. Sunday we're going to get together with Becky and Brandon, which we haven't had much time to do lately. That should be fun. Besides, we are all good at grumping about the diet, or lack thereof depending on the moment.

Speaking of which, I must mention that Brian is doing AWESOME. The man just astounds me. He had to have his uniform pants taken in a month ago and they are already too big again. He's rocking the diet and exercise. He's lost about 90 lbs in just over a year. I'm so proud of him!!!

I'm doing well too, though not exercising as much as I should. We did get a "Total Gym" and let me tell you, that thing WORKS! My arms, shoulders and abdominal are all sore from the 1/2 hour I spent on there yesterday. I'm down about 15 lbs. since the beginning of this year and I'm pleased with that.

We've also made some minor changes around the house to help encourage the kids to eat a bit better. Snack time is the worst, as they had got in the habit of eating whatever snack they wanted (in other words, something sweet and sugary and not-so-healthy) and then following that up with a healthy snack if they were still hungry. We decided a month ago to quit buying the little packages of brownies and cookies and donuts that we used to let them eat. Now it's apples, popcorn, yogurt, etc. Just a little change but I think it's important to not only eat healthy ourselves but to have our children do so also. That's not to say we don't have sweets in the house ... we have a HUGE pile of Easter candy sitting right here ... but that's more of a treat instance instead of an everyday thing.

Well, guess I better get to work on my homework so that I can plan and pack for the crop tomorrow night. Take care all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»