Saturday, April 01, 2006

So we've been busy, busy, busy lately. It's spring break and I've been using this time to do the things around the house that I've been wanting to get done.

We painted Carissa's room, as mentioned, and finally got a decent shade of pink, called "Pretty in Pink".

Then came time to paint the room that Brian and I moved into. I chose a good shade the first time and like how it turned out.

We moved into the room and went to work on the master suite/soon to be family room. That's been a bit harder, as we had so much stuff to go through and we're not finished yet. Our new room is smaller and we've been trying to figure out a way to get ride of the dressers, so we bought some closet organizers (got an awesome clearance deal at Target!). We will put those up today before heading to Kjell and Malina's wedding.

What we've got left to do is to move the extra TV into the family room and situate that room. Then comes the hellish task of the boys room. This room is stuffed full of stuff and it is SUCH a mess. We already went through a bunch of stuff and threw away a whole garbage bag full, but I anticipate that we'll have another bag or 2 of garbage as well as a bag of donate/garage sale stuff by the time we're done. I had hoped to get that all finished while we were on spring break but that didn't quite work out.

We did head to Seattle yesterday to get a few things from IKEA. Walked away with a nice shelf and some stacking bins for the boys room, end tables for Brian and I and a few other smaller goodies.

It was a LONG day. We didn't get home until 11pm and Brian and I stayed up to put a few things together. It was 2am before we got to bed, which is about how late we have stayed up every day he's been off this break. I am TIRED!!! And then we lose an hour of sleep tonight, which is no good for me! Oh well, I'll catch up on sleep when I'm dead, right?!? LOL

No comments: