Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Speaking of Disney ...

I miss it. I've missed it since we left there on March 6th. And a month later I'm still missing it. The kids miss it too and keep asking when we can go back.

Case in point - Chase is in the back of the van with his headphones and CD player singing "Zip-A-Dee-Do-Dah" (might off-tune but SO adorable, I might add) for 45 minutes straight while we are driving in the car. Then for no reason at all he takes his headphones off and says "This song REALLY makes me want to go on Splash Mountain again!". We hear a chorus of "me too" from the other kids who apparently are ready to return to Disney too.

Chase, of course, can be counted on to continue being the Disney fanatic that he is. When we get home he runs to find our copy of Birnbaum's Guide to Disneyland (which he has confiscated from me) and reads it cover to cover - TWICE. Tristan sits next to him reading along with him and commenting on how that ride was "cool" or "awesome" or how the food at that restaurant was "so good".

It really was a sight to see and makes me want to drop everything, jump in the van and drive the 16 hours down there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, c'mon down! maybe this time i can hook up with you! :-) xo, j.

Anita said...

Why are vacations so darn short, anyway? :( I hope you all get to go back soon.

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»