Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's coming to an end ...

I've been Cub Scout leader for Chase's den for 3 years now. It has been such a wonderful experience and I've truly enjoyed it. But this year things have changed. I've become more busy with both school and my scrapbook designing and I have activities at the kids schools and sports to contend with. It's become increasingly harder to put in the time to create a wonderful program for our kids. So next year I will be turning my den over to another parent who will finish the last 1 1/2 years of Cub Scouts with them. It's sort of a sad event and it hit me today when I was at the pack meeting. Next year I get to sit here. Next year I get to watch the new leader go up and give awards. Next year I get to watch the boys play their games instead of trying to organize them. Next year it will all be different. And it was a sad moment, as I have really enjoyed doing all that with the boys. But I am comforted by the fact that they will have a wonderful new leader with new ideas and new things to learn and that I will still be involved, on a smaller scale, with their scouting experience.

2 comments:

Linda said...

It's a hard thing to do, I know! I was a reluctant AWANA leader...and now that I am moving, I have to say goodbye to all these wonderful little people I worked with for a year, and I am so glad that I got that opportunity to work with them. And I am seriously considering getting involved with AWANA again in the STATES!

You were a good den mother, and you're doing what needs to be done. You'll be happy that your son is still getting everything out of scouting and you'll be happy that you had the opportunity to share it with him!

Bonni said...

Awwe, it will be okay Annette! I'm sure you were an awesome den leader and made a huge impact on the boys' lives! You'll still be involved...