Monday, April 24, 2006

It was a beautiful day today! Another over-70 day with sun shining and birds chirping. OK, maybe I didn't hear the birds but it was one of those so-beautiful-you-can't-help-but-be-happy kinda days. Or at least that's the theory. I don't think it quite works for me.

I started out at the scale - up a pound (thanks Bek for that so yummy but not-so-diet conscious garlic bread!). I worked out this morning for an hour and felt good about that. Ate well today too except for a few pit stops for a Hershey kiss from the kids Easter candy (isn't it gone yet?!? ... NO, and it won't be for while at the way they are eating it).

Brian and I went for a walk this afternoon so that we could measure the distance of the footpath near our house. It was a brisk 2 mile walk, as we barely got home before the bus came hauling the boys.

Had a baseball game this evening too and Tristan did ok. Still need to work with him some at home, but he's trying his best. He hit 2 out of 3 times at bat and was enthralled by the pitching machine when he played pitcher.

Tomorrw Brian heads back to work for his last 4 nights on night shift. YEAH! I am so tired of night shift. And it doesn't help that I'm a huge scaredy cat and can't sleep well when he's gone.

Besides that, life continues on much as normal. I'm fiercely looking for something to look forward to next, but it looks like our 2007 Disney World plans might not pan out. So for now I guess we'll just live day to day, enjoying what's going on and hoping for another wonderful Disney vacation sometime later in our lives. (Can you tell I'm really bummed about it? *sigh*)

Take care our family and friends. We're thinking about you.

2 comments:

Linda said...

We need to find a central point and try to get all the mommies together someday. When I get to Ft. Riley, I may actually be able to go see Suzy in CO!

Just Say Julie said...

way to go...finding the joy in the little things! hopefully DW will work out for you!